MACROTM EDC allows users to manage study safety protocols with confidence and includes the following possibilities. Arezzo technology embedded in MACRO means that Principal Investigators and Study Designers can achieve levels of safety not easily achievable, if at all, with other EDC systems:
- Studies can be defined to follow strict safety guidelines and to assess patients against any chosen criteria.
- Decision support can be used to ensure that the patient receives the appropriate treatment.
- Adverse events can be monitored instantly as a result of decision support built into the study definition.
- Alerts can be programmed to ensure that the appropriate study personnel are automatically informed of any adverse events having taken place.
- Dosage advice can be given based on information presented for each patient, so that the study protocol is strictly adhered to.
- The study definition can contain prompts and reminders to ensure correct study conduct.
- Safety personnel have instant access to EDC data via MACRO’s Data Browser.