InferMed also offers MACROTM as part of a 'Software as a Service' (SaaS) study hosting service.
InferMed provides a secure, validated environment in which clients can run MACRO clinical studies, partnering with the hosting company Rackspace. With this service clinical trial sponsors can use MACRO on a trial-by-trial basis and avoid the need for investment in infrastructure. Deployment and recovery of equipment, hardware and peripherals, can all be provided under this service.
Benefits of InferMed’s SaaS hosted option include:
- An easy validation process, driven by experienced InferMed professionals, providing required regulatory documentation and helping design best fit for validation of your internal processes.
- An accelerated implementation schedule that results in the system being operational and available for use by the unit more quickly.
- The elimination of the need for investment in expensive server hardware.
- The removal of the hassle of IT administration, maintenance, patching and back-ups, the unit safe in the knowledge that the system is administered by application and hosting experts.
- A robust, powerful and secure IT infrastructure, as used by top blue-chip companies.
- Scalability assurance, the hosting solution guaranteed to meet a client’s future requirements and performance.
- The hosted environment comprises load-balanced web servers, application servers and clustered database servers.
- The hardware is located at our hosting partner Rackspace’s secure premises and is managed and supported by the Rackspace team.
System and Data Security
The data centre is protected by the following physical security mechanisms:
- Personnel guarded by 24x7x365 security force.
- Full security camera monitoring at all data centre locations.
- Biometric and RFID card access restrictions.
- Physical security audited by an independent firm.
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management certified.
System and Data Security (cont'd)
In addition to protection offered by comprehensive MACRO security features, data is protected using:
- Managed gateway firewalls.
- Managed anti-virus on all servers.
- Back-ups of data using dedicated data protection software.
User Management and Access Control
Users have access only to databases and site codes which are relevant to the trials in which they participate and permissions determine the user level of access within each MACRO module. All databases which MACRO uses require password protection and MACRO retains a list of user access rights in an expanding system log. MACRO maintains a complete chronological Audit Trail, and System and User Logs list system and user-related activities.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Our hosting features the following redundancy and back-up measures in case of disaster:
- Adequate inventories for hardware failure replacement.
- Back-up generators and electrical controls.
- Periodic restoration and contingency testing of system dependencies.
- Daily back-ups of all application and system data.
- Encrypted backups stored in a secure off-site backup facility.
Please contact us for more information on our SaaS study hosting service for our MACRO EDC application.